? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

School, Friends, Kids, Oh my...

I had class today. I don't know if I mentioned that I'm attending Virginia College to get my certification as a Pharmacy Technician. I just literally heard a radio ad for the school, called and was enrolled within 2 days. My fiance was totally supportive of me going to school. So far the school has worked with me on my school schedule. My first semester I was going 4 days a week which was a little hard because of gas prices. It takes me between 30 and 45 minutes to get to school depending on traffic. My 2nd semester I've been going 3 days a week, and my upcoming 3rd semester I'll be going 2 days a week. My schedule works out great for me and my boys. I can arrange their doctor's appointments around the schedule, I'm not losing much time with them. I look at it this way. I'll graduate in March of next year, and I'll have a certification for a great paying job with benefits. I can provide a better future for my family.

I've made one really good friend. The first 8 weeks of school I didn't talk to anyone. I'm the type who doesn't talk to someone unless they talk to me first..unless I'm just in a really good mood. After 8 weeks she came to sit next to me so I could help her study and pull her grade up. After a week of her sitting next to me she told me she's gay. Doesn't bother me. I have no problem with anyone's sexuality. It's their own preference. It actually made me want to be her friend even more because she opened up to me after only a week. A lot of people here don't open up about their sexuality because we're in the bible belt. It took me a while to even admit to myself that I am attracted to women. Yes I have had experiences. My fiance and I have talked about my sexuality and he accepts me as I am although lately he has seemed to not want me to have any experiences with other women. Maybe he's wanting me to himself and that's fine with me. I don't have to be with another woman. I can still be attracted to women and not act on it. I'm more attracted to my fiance than any woman. I guess I kinda got off the subject of my friend...
well her name is Makeba and she is awesome. We have so much in common. She's never had a close white friend. I've had african american friends but not close enough for me to open up to them until her. She's so easy to talk to and to both our surprise we feel the same about a lot of stuff. We instantly clicked and there hasn't been a day that we haven't talked to each other since. It's so nice to find someone u can confide in and know they won't judge u. I have another friend like that. Her name is Val. We've been friends for 10 years. She's my soul sister, my "friday night ho" as we call each other...no we haven't done anything..it's just a cute joke between us. She's been there for me through so much. After she joined the Navy we drifted apart a little but we're sticking it out. We still talk and chat on yahoo. I keep up with her blog..she keeps up with mine. Our oldest boys are 3 months apart. Mine's older ha ha! She also has a son who will be 3 in November, and I have a son who just turned 1 in March. We talk about raising boys and how wonderful it is to clean them all the time, break up fights, listen to them scream, and show their brotherly love to one another by hitting the other upside the head with a toy. Yea..boys are great..lol. I really want a girl.

When I found out I was pregnant with my first son I was so excited. I always wanted a boy, and I got one! When I got pregnant with my second baby I was hoping for a girl. I got another boy. It took me a couple of days to let the news of another boy sink in but as soon as it did I was all over the baby stuff. I was finding everything boyish because I had given my sister all my oldest son's stuff when she had a boy herself. I was excited about Dylan being an older brother and having a younger brother. I thought to myself "he won't have to deal with a sister getting her barbies in the way of his transformers." So now I have my two boys and they are a blessing. Yes they're a handful..maybe more than a handful at times but I wouldn't trade either one of them for anything. My fiance and I have talked about having another baby, but we want to wait until I graduate and get set in a job. That would make our kids 3 years apart each. Even though Dylan is not biologically his child he doesn't treat him any different so any time I talk about us as a family I refer to the boys as "our kids." I'm lucky to have found a man who took up with Dylan like he did and Dylan took up with him. Scottie (my fiance) loves Dylan like he was his own. Dylan loves him too, but he doesn't call him "Daddy." He calls his biological father "Daddy" and he calls Scottie "Scottie." So he knows the difference. I said from the beginning I would not confuse him and I haven't. He has called Scottie "Daddy" a couple of times and afterwards he came up to me and asked me if that was ok. I told him it was his choice what he wanted to call Scottie. I told him he did not have to call him Daddy if he didn't want to. So to this day there is no confusion on his behalf about who his daddy is and who Scottie is.

I love my patched family.

0 comments: