? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My First Blog...

So i'm new at this..to start I'm a 24 year old mother of 2 wonderful boys. Joseph Dylan is 4 years old and Bradley Cade is 14 months. I'm divorced from the father of my first son (Dylan) and am engaged to the father of my second son (Bradley). I'm currently attending college so I can provide for my family better. With a college education and certification, I have a career ahead of me and security for my family.

My fiance is a wonderful man who does everything he can to keep the boys and me happy. We have our ups and downs but who doesn't? It's called a relationship which means it's not perfect. Anyone who says they have a "perfect" relationship is lying. Perfect would mean no arguing, no disagreeing, no faults at all between either one of them....umm...yea..that's impossible. Everyone argues even if it's a little 5 second argument about who gets the remote. I think a little fuss every now and then keeps the relationship alive. You learn something new about the person you're with every time you argue. You learn their pet peeves and dislikes..especially if it's about you..lol.

My boys are...boys. They do boy things like play in the dirt, throw things, fight for no apparent reason, try to perform tricks on anything that has wheels or dare I say at least one working wheel. My oldest son is a true rocker. He loves Kid Rock, Nickleback, and Hinder. He stands out in a crowd of kids because of his bright blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair, electric personality, and it could be the fact that he's 4 years old and a little over 3 1/2 feet tall. lol. He loves to find "girlfriends". Every little blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl he comes across is his girlfriend. He loves to jump on the trampoline and do what he calls back-flips even though it's just him rolling over. He always makes me laugh with the things that come out of his mouth. I never know what he's going to say next. He has been diagnosed with ADHD but I have my doubts about that. He's only 4. Yes he's aggressive, stubborn, sometimes hard to get along with, and has tons and tons of energy...again..he's 4 years old. I know a lot of parents disagree when the doctor tells them their child is ADHD. I tried their medications..didn't do anything but make him act like an emotional pregnant woman. Literally my child gained 10 pounds in one month. Yes I was extremely pissed off. I looked up ADHD on Web MD and found something that sounds more like my son. It's called ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder). Does that mean I want him medicated? No. It means I have to be more patient with him, praise him more for his good behavior, and love him no less. Medication may be a bridge to cross later but right now I'm taking him off meds and working with him one on one. No offense to parents who have medicated their children. If your child needs the medication then so be it, but I've personally seen that medication does nothing to my child but hurt him. I feel he may have been misdiagnosed. ADHD is one of the most commonly diagnosed disorder in children. A lot of it is because teachers don't want to deal with a child who may misbehave more in class or the parents don't want to have to deal with their behavior anymore so they dope them up to get through the day. Again no offense to the parents who have legitimate ADHD children. Change of subject..my youngest son, Bradley, is 14 months old and is very, very energetic. He's got such a charming personality. He has brown hair and brown eyes just like his daddy. He's definitely a daddy's boy. Every time he cries, it's for "DaDa". He's learning new words such as uh-oh, ball, dog, eat, and he learned our puppy's name. He runs around saying "Tink Tink". lol. Right now he's being a little cranky. He had an allergic reaction to an insect bite and it's making it hard for him to sleep. Since he's a daddy's boy he's wanting his daddy and only his daddy. His father is good with him. He just recently started helping me out more with him. You know how most men are with babies. They like to see them smile and play but open up a diaper and they run. I guess he realized that between going to school, taking care of the kids, trying to keep the house clean, cooking, and trying to get more than a few hours of sleep, I needed a little more help than what he was giving. He stepped up and I feel much better. A little bit of the weight has been lifted. I actually get to go to the store ALONE sometimes. I know that sounds not important but it is when you rarely get time to yourself. My showers are the most precious alone time I get. It's my "wash everything down the drain" time. At the end of the day, I get my shower, curl up next to my love, and sleep for a limited time. lol.

Well, I guess that's about enough for one blog. My first blog! So was it worth the reading??? (Dare I ask)

0 comments: